The Team at St. Luke’s Family Practice
Erin O. Kiesel, D.O.
- Board Certified, American Academy of Family Physicians, 2000 to date
- Teacher of the Year, Stanislaus Health Foundation, 2012
- Faculty Development Fellowship, UC San Francisco, 2011-12
- Clinical Professor of Family Medicine, UC Davis School of Medicine, 2000 to date
- Family Practice Residency, Modesto, 1997-2000
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1997
- BS, Santa Clara University, 1994 | Cum Laude | Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Dr. Kiesel has been in practice in Hughson and Modesto since 2000 in affiliation with the Family Medicine Residency Program. Her special interests include women’s health and pediatrics. She speaks medical Spanish. Her interests include running, skiing, wake boarding and any other outdoor activities. She enjoys spending time with her husband, George, and their four children. They attend Our Lady of Fatima Church in Modesto.
Richard J. Heck, MD
- Board Certified, American Academy of Family Physicians, 1994 to date
- Family Practice Residency, Modesto, 1991 – 94
- Excellence in Resident Research , 1994
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1991
- BS, University of Arizona, 1987 | Summa Cum Laude | President’s Award for Excellence
Dr. Heck has been in private practice in Modesto since 1994. His special interests include patient education, wound healing and holistic medicine. He enjoys exercise and volunteers with Liga International on mission trips in Mexico. Dr. Heck has two sons and attends Our Lady of Fatima Church.
Ericka Carranza-Perez, PA-C
Physician Assistant and Office Manager
Ericka Carranza-Perez is a graduate of Stanislaus State University (B.S. Biology with concentration in Genetics, Minor in Chemistry, 2003) and San Joaquin Valley College, Physician Assistant Studies, 2012. She came to St. Luke’s as a Physician Assistant student in 2012. After completing her internship training at St. Luke’s Family Practice, she became licensed as a Physician Assistant, and joined the practice full-time. Ericka focuses on providing primary care to uninsured patients. In 2016, Ericka also took on the role of Office Manager. Her family owned two local pharmacies, and there she gained considerable experience in pharmacology and the day-to-day management of their business. She and her husband have two beautiful young daughters, and they enjoy traveling to local beaches and their pet dog. She attends St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Hughson. She is fluent in English and Spanish.
Robert Forester, MD, FAAFP
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians, 2005
- Board Certified, American Academy of Family Physicians, 1989 to date
- David Stein MD Award, Outstanding Graduating Resident, 1989
- Family Practice Residency, Modesto, 1986 – 89
- Doctor of Medicine, UC Davis, 1986
- BS, UCLA, 1982 | Summa Cum Laude | Departmental Scholar
Dr. Forester has been in private practice in Modesto since 1989. His special medical interests include skin disorders, preventive cardiology and medical ethics. Dr. Forester is an avid do-it-yourselfer who enjoys exercise, travel, history and languages.
Dr. Forester is involved in several ministries at Our Lady of Fatima Church. He and his wife Anne have four children.